Here, we provide clear and complete information about your personal data that icanlocalize.com site gathers. You can also view and control its handling.
There is a new regulation coming into in the European Union on the 25th May 2018, called General Data Protection Regulation. It provides strict guidelines on how one’s personal data is gathered and handled. This also affects companies and individuals that reside outside of the EU but collect data from EU citizens.
If you notice we missed any crucial information you need, please contact us.
Table of contents
- Who we are
- What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Who we share your data with
- Who can see my personal information
- How long we retain your data
- How we protect your data and what data breach procedures we have in place
- What rights you have over your data
Who we are
We are the OnTheGoSystems Ltd. company, makers of the ICanLocalize service and owners of the icanlocalize.com website.
You can find more information about us, including our full address, on our company website.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information submitted through the contact forms on our site are sent to our company email, hosted by Gmail. Google adheres to the EU “Privacy Shield” policy and you can find more information about this here.
While we keep these submissions for customer service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties.
Our site uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics cookies – these are set for monitoring and tracking visitors behavior on the site.
- Ruby On Rails session cookie – contains the user’s ID and settings.
- Affiliate cookies – used to monitor and identify affiliates for the purpose of performance monitoring, and payments.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content, like YouTube videos, for example. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
In addition to Google Analytics, we are using the following statistics on our site for performance and monitoring:
- Affiliate performance statistics – statistics regarding our affiliates
- Support statistics – statistics regarding our supporters and clients about how many tickets created, resolved, pending, etc.
- CloudFlare cookies – CloudFlare as its content distribution network used by ICanLocalize to allow faster loading of images and other static parts of our website. CloudFlare sets multiple cookies for security purposes, remembering user settings, and analytics, including cookies of the following third parties:
- Optimizely – Analyzes browsing activity across Website to establish user profile and to aid in user experience solutions. Learn more at https://www.optimizely.com/privacy/.
- Google Tag Manager – Web traffic tracking. Learn more at https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6102821?.
- Heap Analytics – Analyzes browsing activity across Website to establish user profile. Learn more at https://heapanalytics.com/privacy.
- Marketo (Munchkin) – Analyzes browsing activity across Website to establish user profile. Learn more at http://legal.marketo.com/cookies/.
- Cedexis – Analyzes browsing activity across Website to establish user profile. Learn more at https://www.cedexis.com/privacy-policy/..
- Bizible – Analyzes browsing activity across Website to establish user profile. Learn more at http://www.bizible.com/privacy-policy.
Who we share your data with
We don’t share your data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information like email, name, etc. However, some data is transferred and/or stored with third-party services we use, like cloud-based services and payment processors. This is done as a way to provide you with a better overall service and user experience.
Here are the services we use to make our own service better for you:
- Active Trail – we store our client contact details for newsletters, announcements, and usability testing invite purposes. They can opt-out of these at any time.
- PayPal – we use Paypal as one of our payment processor. During checkout, a client will provide login information and credit card info. This information is processed directly within this gateway payment and we do not save it on our sites.
- 2Checkout – we use this as one of our payment processor. During checkout, client will provide credit card info. These are all stored in the 2checkout site. These are shared for future checkouts and account renewals.
- Amazon SES – we use this services to manage mailing campaigns to our clients. What is shared are client contact details (name and client email).
Who can see my personal information
If you are not a registered client in our site, there is no personal information we have or can see about you.
If you are a client with a Toolset account, your personal information can be accessed by:
- Our System administrators.
- Our supporters when they need to (in order to provide support) get the information about the client accounts and access.
How long we retain your data
When you submit a support ticket or a comment, its metadata is retained until (if) you tell us to remove it. We use this data so that we can recognize you and approve your comments automatically instead of holding them for moderation.
If you register on our website, we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except changing your username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How we protect your data and what data breach procedures we have in place
- We protect customer data with the following site features:
- We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout all our sites. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
- Encrypted cookies
- User passwords are securely stored as hashes.
- WordPress credentials provided by clients to ICanLocalize supporters are securely encrypted.
- The entire codebase is continuously scanned with a vulnerability scanner specifically designed to find security issues in Ruby on Rails applications.
In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
What rights you have over your data
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In short, we cannot erase data that is vital to you being currently our customer (i.e. basic account information like an email address).